Segments

Wednesday 8 August 2012

The flash of grave robbers

Hi, hotshot

I had an idea for a story today. That's really, really good. There's nothing that makes a day good quite as fast as getting an idea. They don't have a particular source. It's like reaching your hands out blindly. Often you just catch trash and nothings, but sometimes-

The title would be "The Teenage Grave Robber".

I wrote it on the envelope that held my passport photos. I had to renew my US passport, and that was the only paper I had available. Thank goodness I had paper. Usually I have to write on my hand.

Moving swiftly on, this is what flashed through my head:

First off, let's get something straight.
I am not a thief.
Dead people don't care if they're not wearing a watch anymore, missing limbs- because they're dead.
I've never stolen a damn thing in my life.

Did you expect something longer? Don't. Four sentences is more than enough. It's a flash, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment