Segments

Thursday 30 August 2012

The Day Before The Day

Hi hotshot,

I've made my resolution. Because without it, I know I'll never get anywhere. Do you know how many people stand around saying: "Yeah, I'll totally write a book or something..." and then never do? I don't want to be one of those people. I refuse. The thought terrifies me more than apathy can smother.
What if this is all for nothing? If I just wander around forever saying "ahuh, total writer here. Yup, you wouldn't believe the crazy stuff in this here skull" then I've failed.
Writing is serious. You have to brave the avalanches of white nothingness, for Pete's sake. You stare into your brain for HOURS. Do you know what that DOES to your soul? A lot of the time it makes you giggle with glee while you write about some mischievous character or another. Sometimes you get all upset over John or Sally or Djarkspar having to get a lobotomy at the post office because it seemed like a great burst of inspir-

Whoa, hold on.

Like a post office where people send..their brains..? No, no! They can switch who they are. Instead of sending jumpers and pants they send..themselves? Over wires... People can send themselves over an internet connection-
The next big human trafficking plot, or a group of die-hard insidious hackers, where if you interrupt an update you could be killing the person who's loading... And then theres a blackout in the city.

Huh.

That's mine, don't take it. Unless someone's said it first. Which, let's be honest, is likely, considering I am one of 7 billion (ish) people oh let's get on with it already.

So my resolution:
Start writing the Book on Friday, tomorrow, because Fridays are good days.

Sounds simple, eh? If its so simple, try it yourself. I will. We can compare notes at the end.

I'll keep updating. Put your hands together and hope I don't fail.

I feel like having a nap.

1 comment:

  1. I have had a book brewing in my brain for three years. I should just sit down and write the thrice accursed thing. Friday sounds good.

    ReplyDelete