Segments

Friday 10 August 2012

music, music, music

Hi hotshot,

Music is one very important factor to writing, for me. If I read a book and am listening to a song at the same time, that song will forever effect how I see that book. Like Fireflies by Owl City now is attached to Witch and Wizard by Robert Patterson, and Shot Heard Around the World by Boys Like Girls is firmly soldered to Skulduggery Pleasant: Danger Days by Derek Landy.

Other inspirations include this piece of lovely, lovely music for the Hunger Games series.

 

And of course, songs can almost define characters and stories I work on. I find my writing to be very...script-like a lot of the time. I write scenes well, that's my strength. Plot is my Achilles heel, though, so I like letting characters run my story for me. So finding a song for a scene, to make it more...dense? Perfect moment.

I think, when I publish my first book, I'll have an index at the front for the song that goes with each scene, if I can. That would be nice. :)

Disclaimer: The music isn't mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment