Segments

Monday 18 February 2013

"dis buk hlps u"

Hi hotshot,

The title of this post -in case it's too colloquially spelt- is "this book helps you."
I have read two books by authors on being authors and the author world. I usually read what other writers say via the internet.

The things which I keep coming across, in all media, are:

1) Read LOTS.
2) Write LOTS. At least an hour a day, or Stephen King's idea of four to six. In my current schedule, 4-6 would mean failing school, but I guess he writes for adults more than under-eighteens.
3) Characters are not perfect because people are not perfect.
4) There is no "secret to great writing."
5) Write at regular times. Self control- stick to your schedule, writing is a priority.
6) Don't snub other's opinions if they think less of your writing than you do. At the same time, remember you can improve and learn as a writer. The famous writer ego must be taken out and severely maimed, but never shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment